Performance and Scalability
- With high switching capacity, it supports wire-speed L2/L3 forwarding and high routing performance for IPv4 and IPv6 protocols.
- The 10 Gigabit Ethernet connectivity of the switch is accomplished via a hot-pluggable 10 Gigabit SFP+ transceiver which supports distance up to 300 meters over multimode fiber and 10 to 40km over single-mode fiber (The distance depends on the optical module chosen).
VSF (Virtual Switch Framework)
- Virtual Switch Framework can virtualize multiple switches into one logical device, achieving the sharing of information and data tables between different switches. The performance and ports density of the virtualized device is greatly enlarged by times under VSF. VSF also simplifies management work for the network administrator and provides more reliability.
Rich L3 Features
- The switch delivers high-performance, hardware-based IP routing. RIP, OSPF, and BGP provide dynamic routing by exchanging routing information with other Layer 3 switches and routers. With the switch, customers could easily achieve Policy-based Route (PBR), which is important when they need a multi exit application.
- Supports abundant multicast features. In Layer 2, such as IGMP v1/v2/v3 snooping and fast leave. L3 multicast protocols such as IGMP v1/v2/v3. With Multicast VLAN Register (MVR), multicast re-ceiver/sender control and illegal multicast source detect functions. It provides a great application experience for the customer.
- MRPP is a Multi-layer Ring Protection Protocol, which is UETPO’s private fast Ethernet ring protocol. Comparing to spanning tree protocol, it has the advantages of fast convergence, simple protocol calculation, fewer system resources cost, and so on, which can improve the reliability of Ethernet network operation.
- With 8 queues per port, the switch enable differentiated management of up to 8 traffic types. The traffic is prioritized according to IEEE 802.1p, DSCP, IP precedence, and TCP/UDP port number, giving optimal performance to real-time applications such as voice and video.
- It also supports Bidirectional rate limiting, per port or traffic class preserves network bandwidth, and allows full control of network resources.
Abundant IPv6 Support
- Supports IPv6 switching and routing based on hardware for maximum performance. With increased network devices growing the need for larger addressing and higher security become critical, It will be the right product to meet this requirement